[AusNOG] Dept of Communications Letter

Mike Everest mike at duxtel.com
Mon Aug 3 14:33:42 EST 2015

Yeah, I had exactly the same reaction :-D

But since one of the companies is familiar to me, and some of the other
'features' of the correspondence appeared legit, I eventually opened one of
the PDFs ;)

Yes, it is legit - but SERIOUSLY dodgy.  I intend to write them a notice
about it.  At the very least, they should avoid the old 'undisclosed
recipients' technique - I'm pretty sure that there is a huge proportion of
mail systems that will refuse to deliver email without a real mailbox in the
recipient list!

Cheers!