[AusNOG] What do consumers need to know/what do we need to know about consumers?

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:56:17 EST 2015

Hi NOGgers

Some of you may recall that in my day job I run a grants scheme that
sponsors projects in telecommunications and each year we hold an open
application process to award the projects. We are about to enter the
assessment phase, and as part of that process I brief the Independent
Grants Panel on issues of strategic priority. They then factor that in
as they see fit to their assessment when making the final selection.

I would really appreciate some input from you to gather input on
issues of strategic importance.

By way of overview, the scheme is for projects of between $10,000 and
$60,000 (we have approx. $250,000 in total), must be completed within
the FY15-16, and must address a systemic telecommunications consumer
issue. Projects will typically be research, education or
representation in nature and address topics such as telecommunications
regulation, contracts, emerging consumer issues, cybersafety, digital
literacy, scams etc.

I’m keen to know your thoughts on:
-          Are there any consumer segments that might merit higher priority?
-          Are there any issues you see that consumers could benefit
from more information, education on or research into?
-          Any other systemic issues or emerging areas of interest?

The best projects have outcomes that can be translated into an
effective market, and these usually have industry buy in. Projects in
the past have benefited enormously from industry input, and we
genuinely appreciate that.

General information about the scheme is available at:
http://accan.org.au/grants
and this includes a summary of all the projects funded under the
scheme, and for most cases a downloadable copy any report completed or
link to any other resources, eg videos.

If people have any comments on this, please send them to me **off
list**, or direct to the day job email address via narelle.clark (at)
accan.org.au

cheers

--

Narelle