[AusNOG] Optus wants Netflix to pay up to ensure quality video streaming

Craig Askings craig at askings.com.au
Mon Apr 20 14:55:22 EST 2015

On 20 Apr 2015, at 1:44 pm, Joseph Goldman <joe at apcs.com.au> wrote:

>  I'd be happy to take a big influx of customers and guarantee no slow-downs to Netflix if Optus doesn't want them, to be honest.

I’m sure Telstra would as well. Optus needs Netflix more that Netflix needs Optus. Optus has to have an answer in the market to counter the Telstra + umetered Presto offering and Netflix is there answer.

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/03/23/6-months-free-presto-with-t-box/

Optus etc certainly can’t count on FetchTV being a suitable counter offer.