[AusNOG] Procurve POE Switch RTP issues

Mark Dignam mark at innaloo.net
Thu Apr 16 21:28:18 EST 2015

To add to this one - I have seen a VOIP phone (damned if I can remember the
brand) where the RJ11 coily cable between the base and the handset wasn't a
straight through..

In essence, you had to use their cable, you couldn't replace it with a
longer one until you matched the pinout, which is how I found the issue...

Back to original topic - its gotta be a NAT and/or an ALG "try to be
helpful" issue.  Like another member mentioned, I try to disable all SIP
ALG's, and just let the phone and gateway sort 'em selves out.

Dig.