[AusNOG] Procurve POE Switch RTP issues

Cameron Murray cameron.murray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:28:56 EST 2015

Guys,

Sorry for the slightly off topic post but I'm stumped and 1000km from the
problem.

We provisioned some Snom phones this afternoon for a customer however SIP
sessions establish and calls can be signalled however the audio/rtp stream
is silent in both directions.

We tested a softphone which worked correctly from inside their network.

We have concluded that the HP Procurve 2610-48 pw may be interfering with
the flow however this device is blind to us and we have no access nor the
customer documentation.

Has anyone seen similar issues with these devices?

Regards

Cameron