[AusNOG] Netflix Peering in AU

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Sun Apr 5 06:27:32 EST 2015

On Sun, 5 Apr 2015, Peter Lawler wrote:
> I suggest that in future when you write a story that utilises publicly
> available data, you don't simply screenshot and rejig the background.
> Redo the stuff entirely, that way sources may not get pissed off at
> their data being used for what they may believe be purposes for which it
> was not intended.

The graphs were public not smuggled out of some internal monitoring
system. Seriously if you don't want stuff to be used by the public then
don't make it public. Yeah it sucks that it has now gone but don't long
for some "It is public as long as only us l33t networks dudes bother to
look at it" state.

I'm sure if he actually did what you suggest above somebody would
have instantly complained about lack of credit being given to the original
source..

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.simonlyall.com/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar