[AusNOG] Tap devices

Matthew Barnett enterprisenetworks at outlook.com
Thu Sep 25 12:00:07 EST 2014

I have seen Network Instruments used before for both fiber and copper services
Matthew
http://www.networkinstruments.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:37:48 +1000
From: yaleman at ricetek.net
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: [AusNOG] Tap devices

Morning all,
We're looking for an active tap device capable of at least 8 gigabit (SFP?) inputs and a similar number of outputs, with the ability to select say input 1/3/5 into output 1, 1/5/6 into output 2 etc... Our current usage of 3750's and crossing our fingers isn't really cutting it anymore :)
... can anyone give recommendations of where to start with stuff that's easy to get in Australia? Happy to summarise to the list.
Thanks,
James