[AusNOG] Brocade experience

Tom Lanyon tom+ausnog at oneshoeco.com
Wed Sep 24 10:14:48 EST 2014

Hi all,

Looking for some experiences with Brocade gear.

We're looking at MLXe MR2 with 10GX8-X line cards and also the CER-2000-RT.

Does anyone have any xWDM coloured optics running in these?  Is the Brocade kit generally OK with third-party vendor transceivers?

Also, we've shied away from ISSU and redundant RPs in the past, preferring totally separate boxes for redundancy instead - is this reflected in the MLXe gear, or is it worth looking at redundant management modules and switch fabric modules?

Thanks,
Tom