[AusNOG] Belong - Powered by Telstra

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Thu Sep 18 10:24:58 EST 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:25:27AM +1000, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Just weird... I mean, if you are trying to differentiate yourself from
> Telstra - then why tell everyone you are powered by Telstra... seems
> pointless?

Two possibilities:

1) Corporate Schitzphrenia.  One executive wants to build a separate brand,
another wants it to be part of the Telstra brand, they cut the baby in half
and this is what you get.

2) "Telstra" and "Bigpond" might not necessarily be synonymous in the minds
of most consumers, so "Powered by Telstra" doesn't necessarily translate
into "just like Bigpond".

- Matt

--
I am cow, hear me moo, I weigh twice as much as you. I'm a cow, eating
grass, methane gas comes out my ass. I'm a cow, you are too; join us all!