[AusNOG] Am I being unreasonable.... MelbourneIT

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Sep 3 10:50:00 EST 2014

In message <A3FB5D9FD28C50429DF7692DC31054E63AB97352 at DC1INTADCW8201.yieldbroker
.com>, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker writes:
> I found this
>
> http://www.auda.org.au/industry-information/registrars/
>
> I will have to have a read through.

	Registrar != DNS hoster

	While some companies do both things they are independent
	operations.

	One could also seek a temporary injunction against the
	removal of the zone from the servers until the cached records
	have expired on the basis of interference in the conduct
	of your business.  Your lawyer will be able to correctly
	frame the injuctive relief you seek.  While I am not a
	lawyer I would expect that you would be able to get such a
	order issued.

	It's not like caching is a new thing.  It has been part of
	the DNS since day 1.  DNS hosters processes should account
	for DNS caching.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC