[AusNOG] .com.au registrar

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Sep 1 12:43:24 EST 2014

You should also check the level of EDNS compliance in the servers.

A large number of providers use nameservers / firewalls which are
not EDNS compliant which will cause problems when (not if) EDNS
extension are used (both version or options).

Unknown EDNS versions should produce BADVERS.
Unknown EDNS options should be ignored.
The OPT record should be included in the truncated response.

These things are all easy to test for.  The real bad behaviour is
dropping the query because it contains a unknown EDNS version or
option.

For a snapshot of what is currently broken

http://users.isc.org/~marka/au-report.html

Mark