[AusNOG] TPG Peering

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Wed Oct 22 10:35:03 EST 2014

Here's a prediction. I would bet those Pipe IX graphs will disappear
over the next month or so.

  Perhaps im to old and syntactical. We shall see.

Matt

On 22/10/2014 10:24 am, Brad Evans wrote:
> ** This assumes there's sufficient capacity to their access network.
> Congestion at the border probably is the least of problems, despite
> being the most visible on the PIPE IX graphs.  Contention has to
> happen somewhere, right?
>
> -Brad
>

> On 22/10/2014 10:15 AM, Luke Iggleden wrote:
>> Sorry but I don't agree with this. The idea is to get good
>> performance to eyeballs. Finger pointing gets us nowhere fast. End
>> users are likely to be in contract with TPG and can't walk anyway.
>>
>> Jared is doing what any other good provider would, contact the
>> network that is congested, advise and see if they can work a deal for
>> a better path or fix the congestion.
>>
>> Why wouldn't TPG add a couple of extra 10G ports to their peering
>> network considering their cost is $0.
>>

>> On 22/10/2014 8:58 am, John Lindsay wrote:
>>> So make it clear where the problem is and the end users can make their
>>> choice of provider.
>>>
>>> John Lindsay

/* Matt Perkins
         Direct 1300 137 379     Spectrum Networks Ptd. Ltd.
         Office 1300 133 299     matt at spectrum.com.au
                                 Level 6, 350 George Street Sydney 2000
         PGP/GNUPG Public Key can be found at  http://pgp.mit.edu
*/