[AusNOG] Network perf tools

Daniel Pearson dpearson at pingco.com.au
Fri Oct 17 21:49:09 EST 2014

Hi Crew,

We are looking for suggestions around network performance testing. Preferably software on a VM, but ok with something handheld (hardware) that we can connect to a couple of points within a customers network and measure latency, jitter, packet loss, bandwidth performance (both TCP and UDP) at all different ranges... (1MB through to 1-10GB). It is being used for Voice and Video applications mostly but would also extend to other areas.

This is something we would most likely leave in place for a few hours / days to measure performance and be able to present it in a nice graph or at least CSV that we can turn into a graph.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Aware of the usual iperf but needed something a little more set and forget with the ability to measure the above.

Regards,

DP