[AusNOG] Public Internet Access Policies

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Oct 10 09:03:38 EST 2014

On 10 Oct, 2014, at 7:34 am, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com> wrote:

> How often do they look at porn... perhaps far more than you realise.

I'm failing to understand why end users utilizing internet access for purposes chosen by end users is a problem.

> When you see what they are trying to get to, you wish you really hadn't.

Why are you even looking? It's internet access: The TIAA applies to public hotspots every bit as much as it applies to every other network operated by a carriage service provider. In what universe is users' activities online any of your business?  And even if it was, where do you get off being judgemental about it?

  - mark