[AusNOG] PIPE NSW Changing Details

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Oct 1 10:48:51 EST 2014

Oh well. I'm happy to wait for it as I only save 10-20mbit via PIPE and
have enough capacity to absorb it elsewhere (PIPE is my lower preferred
exchange by now), so its not worth mucking around with mac address
changes then changing it back later once its changed etc.

My concern was more so for those who do rely on it for a significant
portion of their domestic transit who would be bitten by having it down
for 72 hours. Seems a few on-list based on their replies were surprised
by the news so hopefully they can plan for the disappointment in future
if required.

P.S. moved my MegaportIX over at the same time and was able to update
the MAC address in the portal and plug it in almost straight away :P