[AusNOG] NBN Next Step?

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Mon Nov 24 15:16:26 EST 2014

That policy has changed. In Gosford at least they are now running fibre
to 90% of houses (gray box on each) before lighting up the area.
Pain in the butt as I've had the fibre since January.

NTD install still gets done once a order is placed.

On 24/11/14 15:07, Joseph Goldman wrote:
> Hi Skeeve,
>
>  Its been my experience so far with a few hundred orders complete -
> that they dont usually install this bit until a service order is
> already underway - if you/the tenant hasn't placed any order on it
> then its out of the norm for what I'm personally used to.
>
>  Having said that - there are 2 install teams, 1 that goes from street
> to house, then one that goes external to internal. The next step is to
> have the internal team come and install the NTD - which as suggested
> would be by placing an order (if none already done). If order already
> in progress, the team should show up by themselves, usually same day
> but could be a few days at the worse.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 24/11/14 14:58, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> One of my staff have just had their front garden dug up and this put on
>> the outside wall by NBNCo (meaning on of their construction partners).
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e4ifh077stgkp2/Screenshot%202014-11-24%2013.29.43.png?dl=0
>>

>> Question is... what is next?  Does the tenant have to call an ISP for
>> the next part? or will someone knock on the door at some point (how
>> long?) to offer to install the NTU?
>>
>> Btw.. this is a free-standing house, not an MDU.
>>

>> ...Skeeve
>>
>> *Skeeve Stevens - *eintellego Networks Pty Ltd
>> skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com <mailto:skeeve at eintellegonetworks.com> ;
>> www.eintellegonetworks.com <http://www.eintellegonetworks.com/>
>>
>> Phone: 1300 239 038; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
>>
>> facebook.com/eintellegonetworks
>> <http://facebook.com/eintellegonetworks> ;
>> <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>linkedin.com/in/skeeve
>> <http://linkedin.com/in/skeeve>
>>
>> twitter.com/theispguy <http://twitter.com/theispguy> ; blog:
>> www.theispguy.com <http://www.theispguy.com/>
>>

>> The Experts Who The Experts Call
>>
>> Juniper - Cisco - Cloud- Consulting- IPv4 Brokering

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!