[AusNOG] ADSL Modem Testing

Burt Mascareigne burt at prioritycomputer.com.au
Sat Nov 22 00:30:40 EST 2014

Just piggy backing off this with a some what similar issue.

Can I have my own DSLAM?  Maybe hook up a Cisco to be my LNS to it, and route traffic out my general gateway.  So,  I guess:

ADSL Modem --> Copper Pair --> DSLAM --> Cisco 2560XM (doing LNS) --> Std Internet.

I would like to do testing,  maybe pull 50 gig file though it and ensure it never drops / goes up and down etc etc

Also,  I would like this set to test ADSL on premises.  For example,  plug in my DSLAM and LNS down at the MDF,  hook in my modem out in the field or IDF,  and test.

Or,  am I asking for too much?

Also,  Joe,  ZyXEL have VDSL models,  but they look crazy expensive.  This one is around $1.7K  which is “somewhat” in budget.

I saw this:
http://www.tmgtestequipment.com.au/products/index.php?app=bkd0&ns=prodshow&ref=BRF_L100&sid=4vx3ufy3e734brq760s34azbwexx6y68

Not sure if that’s what I want.

Also,  this looks promising:

http://www.zyxel.com/au/en/products_services/ies_612_51_series.shtml?t=p

Any one with exp. With this,  would help me and Joe.

[cid:Priority-Computer-Solutions_LOGO_01.png]

Burt Mascareigne
Technician
Mob: 0414 450 962