[AusNOG] Cisco 3945 Compatible DRAM

P. D. Castle peter at castle.on.net
Wed Nov 19 12:40:33 EST 2014

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me exactly what DRAM modules are supported on a 3945 (not
3945E) ISR?

I have an issue where one DIMM has died... they need two of the same
spec/size etc.

When attempting to use a DIMM of the same speed and size from a 2911 I get
a 'DIMM does not support parity feature' error on boot, which I assume
means it's missing ECC.

Does anyone know what you can use to replace the Cisco specific FRUs
with... or at a pinch, does anyone around Melbourne today  happen to have
two matching DIMMs, or another 2G DIMM from a 3945 they are willing to part
with?

Cheers,
Peter

Sent from a mobile device