[AusNOG] Re RackCentral

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Nov 18 08:05:43 EST 2014

I think he is taking a nod at the recent discussion over NextDC's
month-to-month offering and the argument that ensued ;)

To the other poster saying it must be a drop in the ocean to them -
well....yes maybe, they will survive happily never recovering it, just a
shorter month to pay it all out and write it all off - but its about
precedence. If they let one customer get away with it then all customers
will start trying it.

What is the point of commitments if they can be so easily broken? You
take a commitment term you take the responsibility of any debt it incurs.

Not knowing much about the business or Shaun directly, from an outside
view it does seem very dodgy though, the sale of the customers to
another company with such similar name and same director(s), while
leaving behind ~$100k in debt (if not including the extra compensation
Vocus is trying for).

The best we can do as an industry is blacklist these people so they
can't continue their wake of destruction. The only acceptable way to let
these people back in to the industry is if they have a fair go at
repaying their past mistakes.

Shooting a bit off-topic though into personal rant so I'll leave it at that.