[AusNOG] An Update from Microsoft in Australia

Christian Koch Christian.Koch at microsoft.com
Sat Nov 8 03:54:24 EST 2014

Hi Peers @ Megaport, IX Australia, and PIPE,

Microsoft AS12076 will be advertising additional prefixes via our peering sessions in Australia and New Zealand over the next 15 days.  The additional routes are in preparation for our conversion from AS12076 to AS8075.

Please accept this email as a request to increase your max prefix settings for Microsoft Peering to 1000 prefixes for IPv4 and 100 prefixes for IPv6.  In the end state we will advertise about 110 IPv4 prefixes and about 20 IPv6 prefixes.  The detailed prefix list is below.  Please update prefix lists appropriately.   Routes can be pulled from AS-SET: AS-MICROSOFT.

The route changes have begun on Thursday 10/30 and are continually in progress.

Our complete peering details can be viewed at http://as8075.peeringdb.com<http://as8075.peeringdb.com/>.

Thank You for Peering

Christian Koch
Interconnection Strategy, Microsoft