[AusNOG] Vyatta BGP Route Map & Community for MegaPort Peering

Daniel daniel at dwatson.me
Fri Nov 7 17:56:47 EST 2014

Gday Noggers,

After just jumping on board with MegaPort IX, I need to setup our peering
router with route maps and bgp community's in order to setup our bgp session
back to our core router so we don't break anything,

I basically need to tell BGP to only send peering routes from our peering
router to our core router,

I've been told I need to apply a community to MegaPort peering, say
132839:58941 and export everything to our core router

I have never used community's or route maps before, and after the afternoon
of reading I still don't seem to get my head around it just yet,  I was
wondering if anyone on-list could help in providing examples of what I need
to achieve on a Vyatta environment.

If you require any further information, I'll be glad to provide what you may
require to assist me :D

TIA

Daniel