[AusNOG] [Ap-ipv6tf] official shutdown date for IPv4. The date he is pushing for is April 4, 2024. "IPv4 can't go on forever, " Latour said. "

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Nov 7 16:10:14 EST 2014

On Nov 6, 2014, at 11:47 AM, Paul van den Bergen <paul.vandenbergen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but frankly, the reason IPv6 isn't supported in industry is because you don't understand it, not because it's not good.

And the reason they don’t understand it is because, basically, they can’t be arsed.

This was over a year and a half ago. Very little has changed since:
http://lists.ausnog.net/pipermail/ausnog/2013-March/017304.html

There is literally no reason not to do it at this stage, other than people being too set in their ways to learn new things.

  - mark