[AusNOG] FW: [Ap-ipv6tf] official shutdown date for IPv4. The date he is pushing for is April 4, 2024. "IPv4 can't go on forever, " Latour said. "

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:53:05 EST 2014

How is it possible to impose an ipv4 shutdown? Across global technical and
sovereign borders? I just don't see how it's possible. The only way ipv4 is
ever going away is by natural attrition. This can and only will happen when:

Cost_Opex_ipv4 + Capital_amortisation_ipv4 > Cost_Opex_ipv6 +
Capital_amortisation_ipv6 + Amortised_cost_ipv4_ipv6_transition

Paul Wilkins