[AusNOG] FW: [Ap-ipv6tf] official shutdown date for IPv4. The date he is pushing for is April 4, 2024. "IPv4 can't go on forever, " Latour said. "

Michael Biber mbiber at ipv6forum.com.au
Wed Nov 5 11:46:52 EST 2014

Some would have this article from an APIPv6TF posting but that required a CA
Newsletter signup. On request, Latif sent a link that doesn't need that:

Try this:
<https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=https://cartt.ca/article/canadian
-isp-summit-we-need-keep-more-web-traffic-here-boost-security-and-transition
-ipv6&ct=ga&cd=CAEYACoUMTQ2NjU5MDQ4NTU1MDY1NjU3OTIyHGZjMTYyNzk2Zjc0ZGYxYzM6Y
28udWs6ZW46R0I&usg=AFQjCNHmqcesCcDGD_K_OEaSr64Sj681sw> CANADIAN ISP SUMMIT:
We need to keep more web traffic here, boost security and transition to IPv6

[https://cartt.ca/article/canadian-isp-summit-we-need-keep-more-web-traffic-
here-boost-security-and-transition-ipv6 ]

It's an interesting article with some Canadian DNSSEC and IPv6 stats. Be
interesting to dig the Australian numbers from APNIC etc.

If anyone is tracking the IETF response, please pass it on. I remember a
Japanese proposal some years ago for a IPv4 turn off date and it was voted
down.

May be time to reconsider this.perhaps allowing legacy IPv4 to drift on a
little longer.

FYI, Cheers

Mike Biber

IPv6 Forum