[AusNOG] Microtik bgp issues

Jonathan Thorpe jthorpe at Conexim.com.au
Wed Nov 5 09:33:53 EST 2014

I’ve not configured BGP on a MikroTik, but can they connect back to you?

If you have a firewall rule that drops else on the input chain (which you should have), try enabling logging for a moment to see what’s being dropped.

From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of iQ Net
Sent: Wednesday, 5 November 2014 9:07 AM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: [AusNOG] Microtik bgp issues

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had success with bgp on the microtik's and I can pick your brain?

I've got a CCR1009 and I'm struggling to get the BGP session established. Can telnet to 179 on my providers router and it looks like the settings I've got are correct but its failing to establish a connection...

Any suggestions?

Or anyone do any consulting on list that can give me a (paid) hand at all?