[AusNOG] Gosford City Council and NBN RSP.

Reuben Farrelly reuben-ausnog at reub.net
Wed May 28 17:13:47 EST 2014

On 28/05/2014 4:01 PM, Beeson, Ayden wrote:
> Hey Mark,
>
> In its current form the MTM based NBN will not include separate RSP
> ports at all.
>
> AFAIK it's not even achievable in that form at all, maybe with
> virtual circuits ADSL style but I'm not 100% on that...
>
> Basically you will have 1 VDSL connected interface to 1 provider. Any
> additional services on the line will either not function or degrade
> your VDSL down and stop the vectoring working properly.

Is there any technical reason why a second/third PVC down an existing
ADSL or VDSL service wouldn't be able to achieve this exact same outcome
with existing technology?  You would then map PVCs to ethernet ports on
the back of an NTU.

Afterall, that's how things like FetchTV are (or can be) delivered
today, and especially if NBNCo manages the NTUs this stuff is pretty
easy to get right.

Reuben