[AusNOG] Netflix coming to Australia

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Tue May 27 14:17:42 EST 2014

Not to mention that once you do purchase a piece of content, you don't
continually have to pay for it and re-download it to enjoy it again,
whereas you need to continually communicate with people to continue to
communicate with them.

I imagine that telcos would make substantially less money if they could
only sell a service to us as a one-off (and at the price of a movie or TV
episode too).  And I'm sure that the movie studios would love to charge me
$100 a month to access a couple hundred hours of content viewing and a
1.5GB download limit.

The business models aren't close to comparable.