[AusNOG] Netflix coming to Australia

Geordie Guy elomis at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:55:52 EST 2014

> This strikes me as an overly cynical viewpoint.

I'd object but I'm not well known for my chirpy outlook so maybe you're
right.

> Many people who draw media from torrents, etc, do so because there's no
> choice.
>
> http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

Sure but many do even when there is, otherwise torrenting would be broadly
unheard of in the US because it's an offence to do it there (deterrent) and
the US content delivery stores offer the most superior range of content at
the lowest prices (incentive to do something else)

> I personally would happily purchase a Netflix subscription if I had the
> option to do so.

Unblock-us.com is $5 a month and Netflix is $7 a month.  That's what I do,
$14 a month. I don't know how much that particular Unblock-Us solution
makes up of the up-to 200,000 Australian subscribers who choose to purchase
a Netflix subscription because there's heaps of other options, but it works
for me and took approximately 8 seconds to set up.