[AusNOG] Cisco 3750-X vs 3850

P. D. Castle peter at castle.on.net
Thu May 22 14:55:50 EST 2014

Hi All,

We have an environment with a large quantity of 3750-Xs (several PoE and
non-PoE variants) is use as access switches. For a separate server access
segement I've now had quotes for 3850s. The literature looks attractive,
not that we need the extra 10GE capacity or wlan controller yet but I'm
wondering if it is worthwhile starting down the 3850 path.

Has anyone had some experience with these in production as yet and any
shortfalls/issues I should be aware of? Strictly ip-base at present.

Cheers,
Peter