[AusNOG] Juniper Rescue Configs

James Morgan James.Morgan at vernet.com.au
Wed May 21 10:44:49 EST 2014

Hi all,

I was hoping to ask what those of you running Juniper kit use in your
rescue configs; do you use it as a bare-bones config to use when your
world has caught fire, or do you use it (as the documentation seems to
suggest) as a last-known-working config?  How often do you update your
rescue config?

The reason I ask is I was performing some software updates recently and
was interested to learn that the upgrade will fail the pre-flight check
if you have graceful-switchover enabled in your rescue config.  It got
me wondering what actually was in our rescue config, and what process we
have for updating it.  Is there an industry best-practice on this?

Cheers,
James.