[AusNOG] Network Monitoring via Email/SMS

Tim Dykes ttdykes at gmail.com
Mon May 12 14:01:40 EST 2014

Zabbix all the way.

I'm running several zabbix deployments with primary alerts via email,
backed up by raspberry Pi's (couldn't plug dongles into zabbix server for a
host of reasons.) with 3g dongles if the email fails or bounces.

In the past I've done zabbix to: online sms services, jabber (gchat), IRC,
MSN, Hip Chat, SalesForce and several smart phone push services.

Possibilities are endless if you know how to write simple scripts and can
handle a API.

/Tim