[AusNOG] Optus net Mail server weirdness

Andrew Paternoster Andrew at screwloose.com.au
Thu May 8 21:00:50 EST 2014

Hi List

Can someone point me in the right direction to speak to some one useful that looks after the Optus net mail cluster. It seems mail107.syd.optusnet.com.au is having issues sending out emails and its causing issues for people sending email to one of our customers. I'm happy to provide full details to who ever requests them but in short if the customer tryes to email my customer they get 550 5.1.1 <me at nothere.com.au >: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
But if they get another (like mail106.syd.optusnet.com.au )  server from the cluster no problems.

Thank you
Andrew Paternoster