[AusNOG] Nextstep

Luke Iggleden luke+ausnog at sisgroup.com.au
Fri Mar 28 15:04:39 EST 2014

On 28/03/2014 2:07 pm, Geordie Guy wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> We have some Nextep stuff in an acquired child company which AAPT has
> just made its own acquired child company.  I'm hearing backchatter that
> they are turning off Nextep DSLAMs and pushing people to new 12/24/36
> month contracts.  Has anyone heard similar?  What's the story?
>
> Regards,

A client of ours was given a very hard push by AAPT to resign on a new
EOC/EFM service or have their existing Nextep SHDSL 2M service
terminated. The reason that was given was DSLAM closing down.

Those NEC DSLAM's are very old, some of the first DSLAM's installed in
aus, doubt they would be upgradeable to current xDSL technology.