[AusNOG] DC Cross Connects

Geordie Guy elomis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 11:24:40 EST 2014

Hi Folks,

We're in the process of getting ready for our provider to set up MPLS WAN
for us, and while I've had experience doing this stuff on premise and also
in DCs, where it's been in DCs I've delegated getting some of the
groundwork done or project managers have organised prerequisites.  NTT have
asked us to provide a cross connect from our racks in Global Switch to
their demarcation rack in the same facility and I actually don't know who
to go to for this - it's either not been a requirement on-premise or
someone else's problem off-premise.

When businesses do this, who do they go to for the XC?  NTT don't provide
it, Pipe who provide our racks don't provide this service, do people engage
a cabling contractor to put it in and get the paperwork done with GS first?
 Is it something the DC provides as a service?

Any tips appreciated.

- Geordie