[AusNOG] Cable length limits?

Andrew Jones Andrew.Jones at alphawest.com.au
Wed Mar 5 11:17:53 EST 2014

Consider that all you network gear is monitored, managed, and perhaps even having an SLA covering hardware replacement (i.e. 4 hour parts + labour). Does any media convertor off this level of assurance?

I'd be more inclined to use a 8 port switch as a media convertor, and take all the above benefits with it...

Andrew Jones