[AusNOG] AAPT Alcatel NTUs

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 08:44:02 EST 2014

Hi Tom,

What happens the first time you have a fault and AAPT try to access their NTU to troubleshoot (which is not theirs, it's your device connected now) ? Then they send a tech out to replace the NTU because it's not responding ?

If they're doing any kind of authentication on the service then I imagine you would be unable to replace the carrier NTU (assuming the device stores the password using proper encryption) ?

Can I ask what you are wanting to achieve by trying this (just curious) ?

regards,
Tony.