[AusNOG] OOB SMS / Voice alerts to mobile phone

Jacob Gardiner jacob at jacobgardiner.com
Thu Jun 26 13:38:58 EST 2014

You can use nagios and clickatell SMS gateway.

Define a command called something like 'notify-via-sms', add that to the
contact's host_notifications_command in your contact definition, and
specify the mobile number as a pager.

Then use php to fire a message via the clickatell API.

gist: https://gist.github.com/jacobgardiner/6efb730e54dfb1daa9de

On 25 June 2014 16:25, Shane Chrisp <shane at 2000cn.com.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  I currently use Nagios for all of our system and environment monitoring,
> but the one thing I have been missing is the ability to receive alerts via
> sms or recorded voice call.
> So I was wondering what others have / are using?
>
> I have recently found a company EDAC who seem to make all in one
> solutions, though I would prefer something to integrate with Nagios.
> http://www.edac.com.au
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Shane Chrisp