[AusNOG] Netflow Analytics

Matthew Horvat Matthew.Horvat at aseit.com.au
Wed Jun 25 18:03:22 EST 2014

Hey Guys

What is everyone using for net flow, we are a service provider and we are currently using manage engine net flow analyzer

We have some specific requirements which aren't really being met by this
- billing inbuilt or ability to integrate
- capacity planning
- details BGP reporting and ASN information relating to capacity planning
- report on individual IP groups that relate to our customers

currently we are only able to view the BGP information from 24hours which doesn't give a huge insight.

we have tested out the following

WANsight
Solarwinds
Scrutinizer
PRTG
Splunk

And solar winds is the closest to what we are looking for without the billing addition

interested to hear your thoughts

matt