[AusNOG] iiNet - packet management versus censorship - a realistic alternative

Matthew Costa matthew.costa at greenlight-itc.com
Wed Jun 11 13:47:44 EST 2014

The idea of somehow charging the government for these services is pretty funny, but I suspect that could never happen. The closest you'd likely get is the government would create a panel of "leading ISP's" to negotiate a pricing structure. After much debate the government would invent pricing targets, likely in the form of a rebate or tax incentive and place onerous reporting processes on top of that 'to prevent abuse'.

Cheers,
Matthew Costa
Infrastructure Manager

Suite 703, Level 7
815 Pacific Highway Chatswood 2067
tel: 02 8412 0000 fax: 02 8412 0001

Greenlight ITC         ABN: 99 117 915 134