[AusNOG] iiNet - packet management versus censorship - a realistic alternative

Mike Ryan - Brass Razoo Group brassrazoo1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:30:47 EST 2014

Let's just suppose instead of responding predictably (outraged!) we propose
a viable alternative? The police want ISP's to archive log files? No
problem. Here is the monthly charge Police Minister for administration and
data storage costs. Government requires ISP's to manage and block traffic?
No problem. Here is the monthly charge for providing this service. When the
reality dawns that these tasks cost big money then we may see a rapid
policy change.
Applying commercial acumen to polices may result in better outcomes - NBN
anybody?

PS - I am not trolling - but the predictable response to anything this Govt
does makes me very tired.

Mike Ryan mike at brassrazoo.com.au