[AusNOG] Melbourne AusNOG Go Kart session 2014 - Lets RACE!

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:56:27 EST 2014

It may be worth checking with local motorsports clubs and venues - I don't
know what  the motorsport facilities are like in Vic, but despite losing
the Amaroo Park and Oran Park facilities over the years, the Sydney
Motorsport Park has a full race track, a skidpan/motorkhana area and the
drag strip (WSID), plus a karting track next door.  We also have Wakefield
Park and Marulan Driver Training Centre. Regular events are held at them
all, including public drag and burnout comps every Wednesday (with decent
weather) at WSID. There would be nothing stopping a group attending the
Wednesday night event and having some fun as a small group amongst the
public event.

I know there is also at least one motorsport club in Sydney who runs an
annual motorkhana event on grass (I believe it is done on land adjoining a
golf course). That'd be fun too. :)