[AusNOG] Vyatta - Accepting /24 from Customer and advertising to upstream

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Sun Jul 27 08:39:45 EST 2014

Hi Nick,

  I'm not a Vyatta user but have done a bit of reading in an attempt to
help Daniel.

  I couldn't find reference to Vyatta redistributing BGP (no
redistribute syntax for bgp), so unless its implied 100% of the time, it
reads as if it doesnt redistribute BGP into BGP (or always does). Every
other routing OS i have used you've had to explicitly state it. I'd be
interested to know the true story with Vyatta. In any case I advised
Daniel to add the network statement in an attempt to check the
advertised-routes to his upstream, to see if his router is even trying
to send the prefix up (which it wasn't).

Thanks,
Joe