[AusNOG] Netflix in AU, break up Go4, or TPG peering breakup?

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Wed Jul 23 02:07:51 EST 2014

Holy mother of God; apparently the illusion of DWDM over long haul cable
has convinced enough of you that miracles are capable. We can apparently
run WDM on analog cable systems between the USA and Australia (remember how
good Australia is at doling out class-licenced spectrral density. Let's go
us.)

As it stands, there are a number of encoding algorithms can be used
(albeit, at lower data speeds but at higher potential throughpout at the
time) to reuse and re-multiplex the analog cable systems used in our
history.