[AusNOG] Authoritative list of Australian IP Blocks

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Tue Jul 22 15:11:40 EST 2014

> Here's what I'm trying to do:
>
> - All Aussie visitors to my web app need to get redirected (probably
> using htaccess) to a different sign up page than all other countries.
>
>e.g.
>AU IP detected: http://mywebapp.com/signup  -> redirects to http://mywebapp.com/signup-au
>Any other IP: http://mywebapp.com/signup  -> redirects to http://mywebapp.com/signup-rest-of-world

Is this for legal/tax purposes?
Eg, if an Aussie takes a good or service from you, they need to pay the
GST?

IANALNA (I an Neither a Lawyer Nor Accountant), but I think it's even
trickier than that. The GST liability may not apply to someone IN
Australia under certain conditions (eg, where it's being exported and not
actually used here). Similarly, just because their IP address shows as the
USA doesn't mean the GST doesn't apply to them (if they're in Australia
and using say, an anonymizer proxy service or VPN)