[AusNOG] NOC Phone System - AWS?

Christopher Cowling chris at faktortel.com.au
Tue Jul 22 13:47:17 EST 2014

Hi Skeeve,

   I've setup Asterisk instances on AWS (much the same as freeswitch) and
run them in a Micro Instance. We've pushed quite a few calls out for
testing and had next to no load on it. In reality though if you do find it
loads up then you can shut the instance down and upgrade it on the fly.

Things that will create a bit of load will be call recording (if you have
too), playing sound files and transcoding. On the transcoding front just
make sure your phones are set to the same codec as your trunk and your good
to go, calls will bridge and pass strait through.

With kind regards,

Christopher Cowling
Director

*[image: cid:837F883F-F156-4064-9DF6-3E06C94861A1]*

*P* 1300 731 625
*E* *chris at faktortel.com.au <provisioning at faktortel.com.au>*

Follow Us:    [image: cid:image003.png at 01CE15F7.5E237310]
<https://www.facebook.com/faktortel>[image:
cid:image004.png at 01CE15F7.5E237310] <https://twitter.com/FaktorTel>[image:
cid:image005.png at 01CE15F7.5E237310]
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/faktortel-pty.-ltd.> [image: