[AusNOG] Village Roadshow confirms Netflix coming to Australia

John Lindsay johnslindsay at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 11:01:09 EST 2014

Ah, of course, Village are probably trying to convince Foxtel that they need to pay a premium for "exclusivity" in the Australian market. Foxtel are likely saying something like *pffft*.

Timing is about right. Village and Foxtel started negotiating around June 2012 and the deal started January 2013 so it probably has less than six months to run. That's about when you start softening everyone up.

John Lindsay