[AusNOG] 10GBase-T SFP modules?

Beeson, Ayden ABeeson at csu.edu.au
Thu Jul 10 12:27:47 EST 2014

Agreed, with Wave 1 it's basically a "nice to have" at the most, in a lot of cases, fairly redundant.

Wave 2 will change that though, with theoretical speeds going much higher with 160 MHz channels and beamforming to allow 3+ Gbps.

The AP will absolutely need to deliver more than 1gbps to reach anywhere near its speed allowances, even if that bandwidth is spread across multiple users.

Thanks,
Ayden Beeson