[AusNOG] 10GBase-T SFP modules?

Pieter Hulshoff phulshof at aimvalley.nl
Thu Jul 10 06:04:50 EST 2014

On 09-07-14 13:26, Andrew Yager wrote:
> I'm guessing this is a "no" question because I can't find anything
> that would be what I'm after.
> I have some servers which have shipped with 10GBASE-T ports, and I
> have SFP+ ports on my switches.
> Is there generally an SFP+ module that actually does 10GBASE-T? I
> think not...

I'm a systems architect for AimValley in the Netherlands, and I'm
currently working on a business plan for a tri-rate copper media
converter in an SFP. If you believe a similar case could be made for a
10GBASE-T SFP+, please contact me, and let me know the features you
would like to see in such a device.

Kind regards,

Pieter Hulshoff
http://www.aimvalley.com