[AusNOG] Transfering Vyatta Router Config

Nathan Gardiner ngardiner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 22:51:50 EST 2014

Hi Daniel,

Yes, copying /config/config.boot is all that is required. You can install
the new router VM using install system/install image, configure the
ethernet interface (set interfaces ethernet eth0 ....) and then simply scp
it from the old router instance and reboot.

The only thing you need to change is to vi the config.boot file before
rebooting and removing the MAC addresses from interfaces. Otherwise when it
comes back it will renumber all of the ethernet interfaces and won't work
as you expect.

Thanks
Nathan