[AusNOG] The Average (Theoretical) Speed Of The FTTN NBN So Far Is 46Mbps

Kenneth Tsang admin at mynbn.info
Tue Jul 8 19:57:23 EST 2014

And we are in no way saying that this is the performance that end users
will get.  Knowing how the current management of NBN Co likes to keep
information, I doubt we'll be seeing any real speed results,sync speeds any
time soon.  Heck, there still hasn't been a press release from NBN Co to
tell us how the FTTBuilding trials are going 8 months after they started,
and that's supposed to be the ones that are giving decent VDSL2 sync
speeds.  But from what information is available out there (overseas
comparisons) and estimated line lengths - it will give people a "picture"
of what users can expect to get.

Also, we've realised that an *average (i.e mean)* is probably not the best
representation of speeds and so, a median is now included.

And in relation to the OP's argument, the areas chosen for the trials are
mostly high density with small DA coverage areas.  The Caboolture area does
include some larger sized DAs in the outskirts, which has dragged the
median down to ~36mbps.

Regards,
Kenneth Tsang